Have you every just sat and watched ants wander around? Although I am not a big fan of the six-legged little critters, there’s much to be learned from them. Observation is an amazing thing.
A few “ant” facts:
- Did you know that an ant can lift up to 20 times its own weight? That would be like a six or seven year old child being able to pick up a car.
- Ants don’t have ears. They hear by feeling vibrations.
- When out foraging they leave a scent trail so they won’t get lost.
Thoughts to ponder:
- Am I strong? I’m not necessarily talking about physical strength, but that certainly is a good question. Is my spirit robust and thriving; my soul doing well?
- What am I hearing and listening to? Do I have my ear to the ground to feel the rumble of the train coming down the tracks? Am I touched when I view people in my neighborhood or city?
- When I’m out and about, what type of fragrance am I leaving? Is it one that I can follow home?
Being social insects, ants always have a built-in support system. They rely on each other for their being and survival.
The ants go marching … but never ask, “Are we there yet?” ~ Missy